Ford Escape: Additional information contained on the tire sidewall for вЂњLTвЂќ typetires
вЂњLTвЂќ type tires have some additional information beyond those of вЂњPвЂќ type tires; these differences are described below.
Note: Tire Quality Grades do not apply to this type of tire.
1. LT: Indicates a tire, designated by the Tire and Rim Association (T&RA), that is intended for service on light trucks.
2. Load Range/Load Inflation Limits: Indicates the tireвЂ™s load-carrying capabilities and its inflation limits.
3. Maximum Load Dual lb (kg) at psi (kPa) cold: Indicates the maximum load and tire pressure when the tire is used as a dual; defined as four tires on the rear axle (a total of six or more tires on the vehicle).
4. Maximum Load Single lb (kg) at psi (kPa) cold: Indicates the maximum load and tire pressure when the tire is used as a single; defined as two tires (total) on the rear axle.
Before starting out on a trip
- Check that the vehicle and vehicle-tohitch mounting are in good condition. If any problems are apparent, do not tow the trailer. - Check that the vehicle sits horizontally with the trailer ...
- Always keep the storage compartment closed while driving to reduce the risk of injury in the event of a sudden stop or an accident. - Do not store spray cans, containers with flammabl ...
Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (LATCH System)
The LATCH system holds a child restraint during driving or in a crash. This system is designed to make installation of a child restraint easier. The LATCH system uses anchors in the vehicle and at ...