Ford Escape: Aiming the headlamps
The headlamps on your vehicle are properly aimed at the assembly plant.
If your vehicle has been in an accident, the alignment of your headlamps should be checked by your authorized dealer.
Vertical aim adjustment
1. Park the vehicle directly in front of a wall or screen on a level surface, approximately 25 feet (7.6 meters) away.
вЂў (1) 8 feet (2.4 meters)
вЂў (2) Center height of lamp to ground
вЂў (3) 25 feet (7.6 meters)
вЂў (4) Horizontal reference line
2. Measure the height from the center of your headlamp to the ground and mark an 8 foot (2.4 meter) horizontal reference line on the vertical wall or screen at this height (a piece of masking tape works well). The center of the lamp is marked by a 3 mm circle on the headlamp lens.
3. Turn on the low beam headlamps to illuminate the wall or screen and open the hood. Cover the left-hand headlamp with an opaque cloth.
4. On the wall or screen you will observe a light pattern with a distinct horizontal edge of high intensity light towards the right. If this edge is not at the horizontal reference line, the beam will need to be adjusted.
5. Locate the vertical adjuster on the headlamp, then use a 4 mm socket to turn the adjuster either counterclockwise (to adjust up) or clockwise (to adjust down) aligning the upper edge of the light pattern to the horizontal line.
6. Move the opaque cloth to cover the right-hand headlamp and repeat Steps 4 and 5 for the left-hand headlamp.
7. Close the hood and turn off the lamps.
HORIZONTAL AIM IS NOT REQUIRED FOR THIS VEHICLE AND IS NON-ADJUSTABLE.
XMTM satellite radio reception tips for antenna on the windshield (for
U.S.A. only вЂ” if equipped)
For some models, the satellite radio antenna is fixed to the upper right hand corner of the windshield. The XMTM satellite radio receiver that is fitted to your vehicle receives the necessary ...
To adjust the mirrors: 1. Move the selector switch to L (left) or R (right) to choose the driver or passenger mirror. 2. Press the arrows on the control pad to move each mirror in the desired di ...
A/C Air Filter вЂ“ If Equipped
Refer to the вЂњMaintenance ScheduleвЂќ for the proper maintenance intervals. WARNING! Do not remove the A/C Air Filter while the blower is operating or personal injury may result. ...