Ford Escape: Air filter
Refer to scheduled maintenance information for the appropriate intervals for changing the air filter element.
When changing the air filter element, use only the air filter element listed. Refer to Motorcraft part numbers in this chapter.
WARNING: To reduce the risk of vehicle damage and/or personal burn injuries do not start your engine with the air cleaner removed and do not remove it while the engine is running.
Changing the air filter element
1. Release the clamps that secure the air filter housing cover.
вЂў 2.5L I4 engine
вЂў 3.0L V6 engine
2. Pull the air filter housing cover away.
3. Remove the air filter element from the air filter housing.
4. Wipe the air filter housing and cover clean to remove any dirt or debris and to ensure good sealing.
5. Install a new air filter element. Be careful not to crimp the filter element edges between the air filter housing and cover. This could cause filter damage and allow unfiltered air to enter the engine if not properly seated.
6. Replace the air filter housing cover and secure the clamps.
Note: Failure to use the correct air filter element may result in severe engine damage. The customer warranty may be void for any damage to the engine if the correct air filter element is not used.
Light reminder chime
The light reminder chime will sound when the driver side door is opened with the light switch in the or position, and the ignition switch is in the ACC, OFF or LOCK position. Turn the light ...
If the ignition is turned to LOCK/ OFF while the wipers are on LO, HI, or INT, they will immediately stop. If the windshield wiper lever is then moved to off before the driver door is opened or wi ...
Your Hyundai is equipped with bi-level heating controls. To use this feature: o Set the air intake control to the fresh air () position. o Set the air flow control at the bi-level () posit ...