Nissan Rogue: All-Wheel Drive (AWD) lock switch operations
The AWD LOCK switch located on the lower side of the instrument panel. This switch is used to select the AUTO or LOCK mode depending on the driving conditions.
Each time you push the lower part of the switch
A , the AWD mode will switch:
AUTO LOCK AUTO.
The AWD LOCK indicator light will illuminate.
The AWD LOCK indicator light will turn off.
1: When the rotation difference between the front and rear wheels is large, the AWD mode may change from AUTO to LOCK for a while, however, this is not a malfunction.
2: LOCK mode will change to AUTO mode automatically when the vehicle has been driven at a high speed. The AWD LOCK indicator light turns off.
3: LOCK mode will automatically be cancelled when the ignition switch is turned to the OFF position.
- If the AWD LOCK switch is operated while accelerating or decelerating, or if the ignition switch is turned off, you may feel a jolt. This is normal.
- The oil temperature of power train parts will increase if the vehicle is continuously operated under conditions where the difference in rotation between the front and rear wheels is large (wheel slip), such as when driving the vehicle on rough roads through sand, mud or freeing a stuck vehicle. In these cases, the AWD warning light blinks rapidly and the AWD mode changes to 2WD to protect the powertrain parts. If you stop driving with the engine idling and wait until the warning light stops blinking, the AWD returns to the AUTO mode.
- When driving straight, shift the AWD LOCK switch to AUTO. Do not operate the AWD LOCK switch when making a turn or backing up.
- Do not operate the AWD LOCK switch with the front wheel spinning.
- Engine idling speed is high while warming up the engine. Be especially careful when starting or driving on slippery surfaces.
- When turning the vehicle in LOCK mode on paved roads, you may feel a braking effect. This is a normal condition of the AWD model.
FCC Regulatory information
- CAUTION: To maintain compliance with FCCвЂ™s RF exposure guidelines, use only the supplied antenna. Unauthorized antenna, modification, or attachments could damage the transmitter and may vi ...
Alarms and warning indicators
A combination of exterior and interior alarms as well as warning lights are used to prevent the theft of the vehicle and accidents resulting from erroneous operation. ●When any warning ligh ...
Location of the fuse boxes
1 Engine compartment 2 Under the glove compartment 3 Under the glove compartment 4 Cargo area ...