Subaru Forester: Auto-dimming mirror/compass with HomeLinkВ® (if equipped)
Auto-dimming mirror/compass with HomeLinkВ® (if equipped)
1) HomeLinkВ® button 1
2) HomeLinkВ® button 2
4) HomeLinkВ® button 3
6) Automatic dimming on/off button
7) Compass display button
8) Compass display
The auto-dimming mirror has an anti-glare feature which automatically reduces glare coming from headlights of vehicles behind you. It also contains a built-in compass and HomeLinkВ® wireless control system.
- By pressing the automatic dimming on/ off button, the automatic dimming function is toggled on or off. When the automatic dimming function is on, the LED indicator will illuminate.
Even with the mirror in the automatic dimming mode, the mirror surface turns bright if the transmission is shifted into reverse. This is to ensure good rearward visibility during reversing.
- By pressing the compass display button, the compass display is toggled on or off. When the compass is on, an illuminated compass reading will appear in the upper right corner of the mirror.
When cleaning the mirror, use a paper towel or similar material dampened with glass cleaner. Do not spray glass cleaner directly on the mirror as that may cause the liquid cleaner to enter the mirror housing and damage the mirror.
- Compass zone adjustment
- Compass calibration
- HomeLinkВ® Wireless Control System
- Garage door opener programming in the U.S.A.
- Programming rolling-code-protected garage door openers in the U.S.A.
- Programming for entrance gates and garage door openers in Canada
- Operating the HomeLinkВ® Wireless Control System
- Programming other devices
- Reprogramming a single HomeLinkВ® button
- Erasing HomeLinkВ® button memory
- In case a problem occurs
Service interval indicator
The service interval message will only be displayed when the vehicle has less than 3200 km (2000 miles) before the service is due. When the ignition is switched on, and the vehicle has started it ...
Auto Unlock On Exit
When ON is selected, all doors will unlock when the vehicle is stopped and the transmission is in the PARK or NEUTRAL position and the driverвЂ™s door is opened. To make your selection, press an ...
Charging the battery
WARNING Never charge a battery still installed in the vehicle unless a battery charger unit approved by Mercedes-Benz is being used. Gases may escape during charging and cause explosions tha ...