Ford Escape: Autounlock
The autounlock feature will unlock all the doors when:
вЂў the ignition is in the on position, all the doors are closed, and the
vehicle has been in motion at a speed greater than 12 mph (20 km/h);
вЂў the vehicle has then come to a stop and the ignition is turned to the off or accessory position; and
вЂў the driver door is opened within 10 minutes of the ignition being transitioned to the off or accessory position.
Note: The doors will not autounlock if the vehicle has been electronically locked before the driver door is opened.
Your vehicle comes with the autounlock feature activated. There are four methods to enable/disable this feature:
вЂў Through your authorized dealer, or
вЂў by using the power door unlock/lock sequence,
вЂў Performing the keyless entry keypad procedure (if equipped), or
вЂў Performing the message center (if equipped) procedure.
Note: The autounlock feature can be activated/deactivated independently of the autolock feature.
Power door lock switch autounlock enable/disable procedure
Before starting, ensure the ignition is in the off position and all vehicle doors are closed. You must complete Steps 1вЂ“5 within 30 seconds or the procedure will have to be repeated. If the procedure needs to be repeated, wait a minimum of 30 seconds before beginning again.
1. Place the key in the ignition and
turn the ignition to the on position.
2. Press the power door unlock control on the door panel three times.
3. Turn the ignition from the on position to the off position.
4. Press the power door unlock control on the door panel three times.
5. Turn the ignition back to the on position. The horn will chirp one time to confirm programming mode has been entered and is active.
6. To enable/disable the autounlock feature, press the lock control, then press the unlock control. The horn will chirp once if autounlock was deactivated or twice (one short and one long chirp) if autounlock was activated.
7. Turn the ignition to the off position. The horn will chirp once to confirm the procedure is complete.
Keyless entry keypad autounlock enable/disable procedure
1. Turn the ignition to the off position.
2. Close all doors.
3. Enter factoryвЂ“set 5вЂ“digit entry code.
4. Press and hold the 3 вЂў 4. While holding the 3 вЂў 4, press and release the 7 вЂў 8. While still holding the 3 вЂў 4, press and release the 7 вЂў 8 a second time.
5. Release the 3 вЂў 4.
The user should receive a horn chirp to indicate the system has been disabled or a chirp followed by a honk to indicate the system has been enabled.
Message center procedure (if equipped)
For information on activating/deactivating the autounlock feature using the vehicleвЂ™s message center, refer to Message center information in the Instrument cluster chapter.
Extreme Cold Weather (Below вЂ“20В°F Or вЂ“29В°C)
To ensure reliable starting at these temperatures, use of an externally powered electric engine block heater (available from your authorized dealer) is recommended. ...
DriverвЂ™s side power window switches
DriverвЂ™s side power window switches 1) Lock switch 2) For driverвЂ™s window 3) For front passengerвЂ™s window 4) For rear left window 5) For rear right window All door windows can be con ...
When the VSC/TRAC are operating
If the vehicle is in danger of slipping or if any of the drive wheels spins, the slip indicator light flashes to indicate that the VSC/ TRAC systems are operating. A buzzer (intermittent) sound ...