Ford Escape: Changing the wiper blades
1. Pull the wiper blade and arm
away from the glass.
2. Squeeze the locking tabs to release the blade from the arm and pull the blade away from the arm to remove it.
3. Attach the new blade to the arm and snap it into place.
Replace wiper blades at least once per year for optimum performance.
Poor wiper quality can be improved by cleaning the wiper blades and the windshield. Refer to Windows and wiper blades in the Cleaning chapter.
To prolong the life of the wiper blades, it is highly recommended to scrape off the ice on the windshield before turning on the wipers. The layer of ice has many sharp edges and can damage the micro edge of the wiper rubber element.
Changing rear window wiper blade
The rear wiper arm is designed without a service position. This reduces the risk of damage to the blade in an automatic car wash.
To replace the wiper blade:
1. Grab the wiper arm with one hand close to the arm/blade joint and pull it as far away from the glass as possible. Do not use excessive force because it can break the wiper arm at the heel. Hold it there until the next step.
2. Grab the primary structure of the
blade with the other hand close to
the arm/blade joint.
3. Grip tightly and press on the arm/blade joint from beneath and separate the blade from the arm.
4. Attach the new wiper to the wiper arm and press it into place until a click is heard.
If you find this procedure too difficult, please see your dealer.
Auto Door Locking/Unlocking
Your vehicle has customizable settings for the doors and tailgate to automatically lock and unlock. There are default settings for each of these features. You can turn off or change the sett ...
Brake fluid/Clutch fluid
The brake fluid and the clutch fluid share reservoir tank. To check the fluid level The fluid level must be between the вЂњMAXвЂќ and вЂњMINвЂќ marks on the reservoir. The fluid level is monitor ...
Air conditioning filter
The air conditioning filter must be changed regularly to maintain air conditioning efficiency. ■ Removal method 1 Vehicles without smart key system: Turn the engine switch off. Vehicles wit ...