Ford Escape: Checking and adding manual transmission fluid (if equipped)
1. Park the vehicle on a level
2. Engage the parking brake fully вЂ“ put in first gear.
3. Ensure the vehicle cannot move.
4. Clean the filler plug.
5. Remove the filler plug, located on the lower, forward driver side of the transmission, and inspect the fluid level.
6. Fluid level should be at bottom of the opening.
7. Add enough fluid through the filler opening so that the fluid level is at the bottom of the opening.
8. Install and tighten the fill plug securely.
Use only fluid that meets Ford specifications. Refer to the Maintenance product specifications and capacities section in this chapter.
- Be sure the parking brake is fully released before driving. Failure to do so can cause brake failure and lead to an accident. - Do not release the parking brake from outside the vehicle ...
The temperature grades are A (the highest), B, and C, representing the tireвЂ™s resistance to the generation of heat and its ability to dissipate heat, when tested under controlled conditions on ...
Entry gate programming
The technology of some entry gates requires you to press and re-press (cycle) the hand-held transmitter button every two seconds during programming. Continue to press and hold the desired HomeLin ...