Jeep Liberty: Compass Variance
Compass Variance is the difference between Magnetic North and Geographic North. To compensate for the differences, the variance should be set for the zone where the vehicle is driven, per the zone map. Once properly set, the compass will automatically compensate for the differences and provide the most accurate compass heading.
NOTE: Magnetic materials should be kept away from the top of the right rear quarter window. This is where the compass sensor is located.
Compass Variance Map
To Change The Compass Variance:
1. Turn the ignition switch ON.
2. Press the MENU button until the Personal Settings (Customer-Programmable Features) menu displays in the EVIC.
3. Press the DOWN button until вЂњCompass VarianceвЂќ displays in the EVIC.
4. Press and release the SELECT button until the proper variance zone is selected according to the map.
NOTE: The Variance Values will wrap around from 15 back to 1. The Default Variance is Zone 8.
5. Press and release the COMPASS button to exit.
Filling the Tank
WARNING Fuel vapor burns violently and a fuel fire can cause bad injuries. To help avoid injuries to you and others, read and follow all the instructions on the fuel pump island. Turn off the eng ...
Government end users
If the DATABASE is for a region of North America and is being acquired by or on behalf of the United States government or any other entity seeking or applying rights similar to those customarily c ...
The interior lights come on when you open any door or use the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter to unlock any door. They will remain on for approximately 30 seconds after all doors are clos ...