GMC Terrain: Dinghy Towing
Front-wheel&-drive and all-wheel-drive vehicles may be dinghy towed from the front. These vehicles can also be towed by placing them on a platform trailer with all four wheels off of the ground. For other towing options, see вЂњDolly TowingвЂќ following in this section.
For vehicles being dinghy towed, the vehicle should be run at the beginning of each day and at each RV fuel stop for about five minutes. This will ensure proper lubrication of transmission components.
To tow the vehicle from the front with all four wheels on the ground:
1. Position the vehicle that will be towed and secure it to the towing vehicle.
2. Turn the ignition key to ON/RUN.
3. Shift the transmission to N (Neutral).
4. Turn the ignition key to ACC/ ACCESSORY.
5. Turn all accessories off.
6. To prevent the battery from draining while the vehicle is being towed, remove fuse 32, the Discrete Logic Ignition Switch fuse, from the instrument panel fuse block and store it in a safe location. See Instrument Panel Fuse Block on page 10‑42.
Notice: If the vehicle is towed without performing each of the steps listed under вЂњDinghy Towing,вЂќ the automatic transmission could be damaged. Be sure to follow all steps of the dinghy towing procedure prior to and after towing the vehicle.
Notice: If 105 km/h (65 mph) is exceeded while towing the vehicle, it could be damaged. Never exceed 105 km/h (65 mph) while towing the vehicle.
Once the destination has been reached:
1. Set the parking brake.
2. Shift the transmission to P (Park).
3. Turn the ignition key to LOCK/OFF.
4. Install fuse 32, the Discrete Logic Ignition Switch fuse. See Instrument Panel Fuse Block on page 10‑42.
5. Start the engine and let it idle for more than three minutes before driving the vehicle.
Notice: Too much or too little fluid can damage the transmission. Be sure that the transmission fluid is at the proper level before towing with all four wheels on the ground.
Notice: Do not tow a vehicle with the front drive wheels on the ground if one of the front tires is a compact spare tire. Towing with two different tire sizes on the front of the vehicle can cause severe damage to the transmission.
Power Steering Fluid
Check the level on the side of the reservoir when the engine is cold. The fluid should be between the UPPER LEVEL and LOWER LEVEL. If not, add power steering fluid to the UPPER LEVEL. Pour ...
Tripped sensor identification
The security indicator light flashes when the alarm system has been triggered. Also, the number of flashes indicates the location of unauthorized intrusion or the severity of impact on the vehi ...
Setting station presets
1 Search for desired stations by turning or pressing вЂњ∧вЂќ or вЂњ∨вЂќ on . 2 Press and hold the button (from ) until you hear a beep. ...