Jeep Liberty: Disabling And Enabling HSA
This feature can be turned on or turned off. To change the current setting, proceed as follows:
For vehicles equipped with the Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC), refer to вЂњHill Start Assist,вЂќ under Personal Settings (Customer Programmable Features),вЂќ under вЂњElectronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC)вЂќ in вЂњUnderstanding Your Instrument PanelвЂќ for further information.
For vehicles not equipped with the EVIC, perform the following steps:
NOTE: You must complete Steps 1 through 8 within 90 seconds.
1. Center the steering wheel (front wheels pointing straight forward).
2. Shift the transmission into PARK 3. Apply the parking brake.
4. Start the engine.
5. Rotate the steering wheel one-half turn to the left.
6. Press the вЂњESC OffвЂќ button located in the lower switch bank below the climate control four times within twenty seconds. The вЂњESC Off Indicator LightвЂќ should turn on and turn off two times.
7. Rotate the steering wheel back to center and then an additional one-half turn to the right.
8. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position and then back to the ON position. If the sequence was completed properly, the вЂњESC Off Indicator LightвЂќ will blink several times to confirm HSA is disabled.
9. Repeat these steps if you want to return this feature to its previous setting.
How Your Front AirbagsWork
If you ever have a moderate to severe frontal collision, sensors will detect the vehicleвЂ™s rapid deceleration. If the rate of deceleration is high enough, the control unit will inflate ...
Main OwnerвЂ™s Manual
Please note that this manual covers all models and all equipment, including options. Therefore, you may find some explanations for equipment not installed on your vehicle. All specifications provid ...
Shock sensors (dealer option)
The shock sensors trigger the alarm system when they sense impacts applied to the vehicle and when any of their electric wires are cut. The alarm system causes the horn to sound and the turn ...