GMC Terrain: Distracted Driving
Distraction comes in many forms and can take your focus from the task of driving. Exercise good judgment and do not let other activities divert your attention away from the road. Many local governments have enacted laws regarding driver distraction. Become familiar with the local laws in your area.
To avoid distracted driving, always keep your eyes on the road, hands on the wheel, and mind on the drive.
○ Do not use a phone in demanding driving situations. Use a hands-free method
to place or receive necessary phone calls.
○ Watch the road. Do not read, take notes, or look up information on phones or other electronic devices.
○ Designate a front seat passenger to handle potential distractions.
○ Become familiar with vehicle features before driving, such as programming favorite radio stations and adjusting climate control and seat settings. Program all trip information into any navigation device prior to driving.
○ Wait until the vehicle is parked to retrieve items that have fallen to the floor.
○ Stop or park the vehicle to tend to children.
○ Keep pets in an appropriate carrier or restraint.
○ Avoid stressful conversations while driving, whether with a passenger or on a cell phone.
Taking your eyes off the road too long or too often could cause a crash resulting in injury or death. Focus your attention on driving.
Refer to the infotainment section for more information on using that system, including pairing and using a cell phone.
If equipped, refer to the navigation manual for information on that system, including pairing and using a cell phone.
Wiper blade maintenance Commercial hot waxes applied by automatic car washes have been known to make the windshield difficult to clean. Contamination of either the windshield or the wiper blades ...
Bluetooth audio devices cannot be connected if they are not compatible with the following BluetoothВ® profiles. - A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) - AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Contro ...
Manual transaxle operation The manual transaxle has five forward gears. Press the clutch pedal down fully while shifting, then release it slowly. A special safety feature prevents inadvertent sh ...