GMC Terrain: Doors Liftgate
Exhaust gases can enter the vehicle if it is driven with the liftgate or trunk/hatch open, or with any objects that pass through the seal between the body and the trunk/hatch or liftgate. Engine exhaust contains carbon monoxide (CO) which cannot be seen or smelled. It can cause unconsciousness and even death.
If the vehicle must be driven with the liftgate or trunk/hatch open:
○ Close all of the windows.
○ Fully open the air outlets on or under the instrument panel.
○ Adjust the climate control system to a setting that brings in only outside air and set the fan speed to the highest setting. See вЂњClimate Control SystemsвЂќ in the Index.
○ If the vehicle is equipped with a power liftgate, disable the power liftgate function. For more information about carbon monoxide, see Engine Exhaust on page 9‑28.
Notice: If you open the liftgate without checking for overhead obstructions such as a garage door, you could damage the liftgate or the liftgate glass. Always check to make sure the area above and behind the liftgate is clear before opening it.
- Manual Liftgate
- Power Liftgate
- Obstacle Detection Features
- Power Liftgate 3/4 Mode
- Manual Operation of Power Liftgate
Attaching the roof carrier
Secure the roof carrier to the roof rails. Observe the manufacturer's installation instructions. ...
Location of the side impact (SIPS) airbags (front seats only) As an enhancement to the structural side impact protection built into your vehicle, it is also equipped with Side Impact Protectio ...
If a door, tailgate or bonnet are not opened within 40 seconds of unlocking the vehicle via the Smart Key, all doors will re-lock automatically to the previous locked state and the alarm will re-a ...