Never double lock the vehicle with people, children, or pets inside. In the event of an emergency they would be unable to escape and the emergency services would be unable to release them quickly.
Double locking secures the vehicle and prevents the doors being opened from inside or outside of the vehicle. The doors cannot be unlocked or opened from inside the vehicle when double locked.
This provides additional security if the vehicle is left unattended. The vehicle cannot be opened by breaking a window and operating the interior door locks and release levers.
Additionally, double locking also activates the full alarm system with intrusion sensing (market dependent) and tilt sensing. When the vehicle is Double locked the alarm will sound if:
- The bonnet, tailgate or a door is opened.
- Movement is detected within the vehicle interior.
- A window, front or rear screen or panoramic sunroof glass is broken.
- The vehicle is raised or tilted.
In some markets where a battery backed sounder is fitted the following actions will also sound the alarm:
- The vehicle battery is disconnected.
- An attempt is made to disconnect the alarm siren.
Note: In this state, an open window may cause the alarm to sound due to the movement of air currents. For this reason, ensure all windows are fully closed before double locking the vehicle.