GMC Terrain: Engine Oil Life System
The engine oil life system calculates engine oil life based on vehicle use and displays the CHANGE ENGINE OIL SOON message when it is time to change the engine oil and filter. The oil life system should be reset to 100% only following an oil change.
Resetting the Oil Life System
1. Turn the ignition to ON/RUN, with the engine off.
2. Press the DIC MENU button to display the Vehicle Information menu.
3. Press either the up or down arrows to view REMAINING OIL LIFE.
4. Press the SET/CLR button until 100% is displayed.
5. Turn the key to LOCK/OFF. Or:
1. Turn the ignition to ON/RUN with the engine off.
2. Fully press and release the accelerator pedal three times within five seconds.
The theft-deterrent feature works by learning a portion of the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) to the infotainment system. The infotainment system does not operate if it is stolen or moved to ...
Sunroof The sunroof can only be operated with the ignition switch in the вЂњONвЂќ position. 1- Open. 2- Tilt up. 3- Close, Tilt down. To open, press the switch (1) To stop the moving sunroof, pr ...
Special driving conditions
Hazardous driving conditions When hazardous driving conditions are encountered such as water, snow, ice, mud, sand, or similar hazards, follow these suggestions: вЂў Drive cautiously and allow ext ...