Ford Escape: Fixed code programming
Note: Do not program the Car2U system with the vehicle in the garage.
Make sure that your key is on and engine off while programming the transmitter.
1. To program units with fixed code DIP switches, you will need the
garage door hand-held transmitter, paper and a pen or pencil.
2. Open the battery cover and record the switch settings from left to right for all 8 to 12 switches. Use the figure below:
When a switch is in the up, on, or + position, circle вЂњL.вЂќ When a switch is in the middle, neutral, or 0 position, circle вЂњM.вЂќ
When a switch is in the down, off, or вЂ“ position, circle вЂњR.вЂќ
3. To input these positions into the Car2U system, simultaneously press all three Car2U system buttons for a few seconds and then release to put the device into programming mode. The indicator lights will blink slowly. Within 2.5 minutes enter your corresponding DIP switch settings from left to right into your Car2U system by pressing and releasing the buttons corresponding to the settings you circled.
4. After inputting switch settings, simultaneously press and release all
three Car2U system buttons. The indicator lights will turn on.
5. Press and hold the Car2U system button you would like to use to control the garage door.
Immediately (within 1 second) release the button once the garage door moves. During this time the selected button indicator light will blink slowly. Do not release the button until you see the garage door move. Most garage doors open quickly. You may need to hold the button from 5вЂ“55 seconds before observing movement of the garage door.
6. The indicator light will (begin to) blink rapidly until programming is complete. If your garage door opener does not operate following these steps, repeat Steps 2 through 6. Otherwise, call the toll-free Car2U help line at 1-866-57Car2U (1-866-572-2728).
After successful programming, you will be able to operate your Car2U system by pressing the button you programmed to activate the opener.
The indicator light above the selected button will turn on to confirm that the Car2U system is responding to the button command.
From inside the vehicle (central locking button)
Central locking button The lock buttons on the door panel can be used to lock or unlock all doors and the tailgate at the same time. Press to lock and to unlock. Unlocking The vehicle ca ...
Safety belt extension assembly
If the safety belt is too short when fully extended, a safety belt extension assembly can be obtained from an authorized dealer. Use only extensions manufactured by the same supplier as the safety ...
Fuel filler flap
Take note of all warnings and instructions given on the label affixed to the inside of the filler flap. The fuel filler flap is located on the right-hand side of the vehicle, at the rear. 1. I ...