Ford Escape: Front Seats
WARNING: Reclining the seatback can cause an occupant to slide under the seatвЂ™s safety belt, resulting in severe personal injuries in the event of a collision.
WARNING: Do not pile cargo higher than the seatbacks to reduce the risk of injury in a collision or sudden stop.
WARNING: Before returning the seatback to its original position, make sure that cargo or any objects are not trapped behind the seatback. After returning the seatback to its original position, pull on the seatback to ensure that it has fully latched. An unlatched seat may become dangerous in the event of a sudden stop or collision.
- Adjustable head restraints
- Adjusting the front manual seat (if equipped)
- Using the manual lumbar support (if equipped)
- Adjusting the front power seat (if equipped)
- Heated seats (if equipped)
Re-installing the wheel
1. Clean the contact surfaces on the wheel and hub. 2. Lift the wheel and place it on the hub. Tighten the lug nuts 3. Install the wheel nuts and tighten handtight. Using the lug wrench, tight ...
Anti-lock brake system (ABS)
Environmental conditions can have an effect on braking. During sudden braking when there is snow, ice, oil, water etc. on the road surface, a skid may occur. In this situation, steering control an ...
The immobilizer system protects your vehicle from theft. If an improperly coded key (or other device) is used, the engineвЂ™s fuel system is disabled. When you turn the ignition switch to t ...