NOTE: Before you troubleshoot. record all freeze data and any on-board
snapshot, and review the general troubleshooting information.
1. Turn the ignition switch ON (II).
2. Do the ETCS TEST in the INSPECTION MENU with
Is the RELAY circuit OK? YES-Intermittent failure, the system is OK a
1. Remove the front wheels.
2. Remove the splash shield (see step 21).
3. Remove the drive belt.
4. Remove the cylinder head cover.
5. Set the No.1 piston at top dead center (TDC). The
punch mark on the variable valve timing control
(VTC) actuator and the punch mark on the exhaust