GMC Terrain: Fuel Economy Mode
Vehicles with a 2.4L engine have a Fuel Economy Mode. When engaged, fuel economy mode can improve the vehicle's fuel economy
Press the вЂњecoвЂќ (economy) button by the shift lever to turn this feature on or off. The вЂњecoвЂќ light in the instrument cluster will come on when engaged. See Fuel Economy Light on page 5‑21.
A Driver Information Center (DIC) message вЂњECO MODE ONвЂќ is also displayed. See Fuel System Messages on page 5‑29 for more information.
When Fuel Economy Mode is on:
○ The transmission will upshift sooner and downshift later.
○ The torque converter clutch will apply sooner and stay on longer.
○ The gas pedal will be less sensitive.
○ The vehicle's computer will more aggressively shut off fuel to the engine under deceleration.
○ The engine idle speed will be lower.
○ Driving performance is more conservative.
Towing the Vehicle From the Rear
Notice: Towing the vehicle from the rear could damage it. Also, repairs would not be covered by the vehicle warranty. Never have the vehicle towed from the rear. ...
Headlamp 1. Open the hood. 2. Reach behind the headlamp unit in the engine compartment to access the headlamp bulb lock ring. 3. Firmly grasp the lock ring on the back of the headlamp unit ho ...
Removing the ball holder
1. Remove the cotter pin from the locking bolt and slide the locking bolt out of the ball holder/hitch assembly. 2. Pull the ball holder out of the hitch assembly. NOTE A cover for the hitch as ...