Ford Escape: Fuel pump shut-off switch
This device stops the electric fuel pump from sending fuel to the engine when your vehicle has had a substantial jolt.
After an accident, if the engine cranks but does not start, this switch may have been activated.
This switch is located in the front passengerвЂ™s footwell, behind a flip-up cover, by the kick panel access cover.
To reset the switch:
1. Turn the ignition to the off
2. Check the fuel system for leaks.
3. If no leaks are apparent, reset the switch by pushing in on the reset button.
4. Turn the ignition to the on position.
5. Wait a few seconds and return the key to the off position.
6. Make another check for leaks.
WARNING Batteries have acid that can burn you and gas that can explode. You can be badly hurt if you are not careful. See Jump Starting on page 10‑76 for tips on working around a battery wi ...
If water has accumulated to a certain depth on the road surface, there is a danger of hydroplaning occurring, even if: you drive at low speeds. the tires have adequate tread depth. For this ...
Type 1, Type 2 Two keys are provided. The keys fit all locks. Keep one in a safe place as a spare key. 1- Key for the electronic immobiliser. 2- Key number tag. 1- Key for the electronic immo ...