GMC Terrain: If No Steam is Coming from the Engine Compartment
If an engine overheat warning is displayed but no steam can be seen or heard, the problem may not be too serious. Sometimes the engine can get a little too hot when the vehicle:
○ Climbs a long hill on a hot day.
○ Stops after high-speed driving.
○ Idles for long periods in traffic.
○ Tows a trailer.
If the overheat warning is displayed with no sign of steam:
1. Turn the air conditioning off.
2. Turn the heater on to the highest temperature and to the highest fan speed. Open the windows as necessary.
3. In heavy traffic, let the engine idle in N (Neutral) while stopped. If it is safe to do so, pull off the road, shift to P (Park) or N (Neutral) and let the engine idle.
If the temperature overheat gauge is no longer in the overheat zone or an overheat warning no longer displays, the vehicle can be driven. Continue to drive the vehicle slowly for about 10 minutes. Keep a safe vehicle distance from the vehicle in front. If the warning does not come back on, continue to drive normally.
If the warning continues, pull over, stop, and park the vehicle right away.
If there is no sign of steam, idle the engine for three minutes while parked. If the warning is still displayed, turn off the engine until it cools down.
Eight Way Power Seats
To adjust a power seat, if equipped: ○ Move the seat forward or rearward by sliding the control forward or rearward. ○ Raise or lower the front or rear part of the seat cushion by movi ...
1 Forward position: Flip down. 2 Side position: Flip down, unhook, and swing to the side. 3 Side extender: Place in side position then slide backwards. ...
To help prevent corrosion
Wash the vehicle regularly to prevent corrosion of the body and suspension components. Also, wash the vehicle promptly after driving on any of the following surfaces. - roads that have been s ...