Ford Escape: Information on вЂњTвЂќ type tires
вЂњTвЂќ type tires have some additional information beyond those of вЂњPвЂќ type tires; these differences are described below:
T145/80D16 is an example of a tire size.
Note: The temporary tire size for your vehicle may be different from this example. Tire Quality Grades do not apply to this type of tire.
1. T: Indicates a type of tire, designated by the Tire and Rim Association (T&RA), that is intended for temporary service on cars, SUVs, minivans and light trucks.
2. 145: Indicates the nominal width of the tire in millimeters from sidewall edge to sidewall edge. In general, the larger the number, the wider the tire.
3. 80: Indicates the aspect ratio which gives the tireвЂ™s ratio of height to width. Numbers of 70 or lower indicate a short sidewall.
4. D: Indicates a вЂњdiagonalвЂќ type tire.
R: Indicates a вЂњradialвЂќ type tire.
5. 16: Indicates the wheel or rim diameter in inches. If you change your wheel size, you will have to purchase new tires to match the new wheel diameter.
Transfer Switch (if equipped)
Transfer Switch (if equipped) The transfer switch is located on the center of the instrument panel. For details on how to use this switch, refer to вЂњUsing the Transfer SwitchвЂќ in the вЂњOPER ...
Air Bag Warning Light
You will want to have the air bags ready to inflate for your protection in a collision. The Air Bag Warning Light monitors the internal circuits and interconnecting wiring associated with ai ...
Emission control information label
The emission control information label is attached to the underside of the hood as shown. ...