Mitsubishi Outlander: Information screen display
Brake warning display
When вЂњRELEASE PARKING BRAKEвЂќ is displayed This warning is displayed if you drive with the parking brake still applied. The warning lamp in the instrument cluster only illuminates when the parking brake is applied.
● If a vehicle is driven without releasing the parking brake, the brake will be overheated, resulting in ineffective braking and possible brake failure. If this warning is displayed, release the parking brake.
When вЂњCHECKвЂќ is displayed
When the ignition switch is turned to the вЂњONвЂќ position, if the brake fluid is low, this warning is displayed. The warning lamp in the instrument cluster also illuminates.
● If this warning stays illuminated and does not go out while driving, there is a danger of ineffective braking. If this happens, immediately park your vehicle in a safe place and we recommend you to have it checked.
● If the brake warning display is displayed and the brake warning lamp and the ABS warning lamp are illuminated at the same time, the braking force distribution function will not operate, so the vehicle may be destabilised during sudden braking. Avoid sudden braking and high-speed driving, stop the vehicle in a safe place, and we recommend you to have it checked.
● The vehicle should be brought to a halt in the following manner when brake performance has deteriorated. вЂў Depress the brake pedal harder than usual. Even if the brake pedal moves down to the very end of its possible stroke, keep it pressed down hard. вЂў Should the brakes fail, use engine braking to reduce your speed and pull the parking brake lever. Depress the brake pedal to operate the stop lamp to alert the vehicles behind you.
Charge warning display
If there is a fault with the charging system, the вЂњSERVICE REQUIREDвЂќ warning is displayed on the information screen in the multi-information display. The warning lamp in the instrument cluster also illuminates.
● If the warning is displayed while the engine is running, immediately park your vehicle in a safe place and we recommend you to have it checked.
Oil pressure warning display
If the engine oil pressure drops while the engine is running, the вЂњCHECKвЂќ warning is displayed on the information screen in the multi-information display.
● If the vehicle is driven while the engine oil is low, or the oil level is normal but the warning is displayed, the engine may burn out and be damaged.
● If the warning is displayed while the engine is running, immediately park your vehicle in a safe place and check the engine oil level.
● If the warning is displayed while the engine oil level is normal, have it inspected.
● The oil pressure warning display should not be treated as an indication of the engine oil level. The oil level must be checked using the dipstick.
Important safety notes
WARNING The following factors increase the risk of accidents: Excessive speed, especially in turns Wet and slippery road surfaces Following another vehicle too closely The driving saf ...
Interior Light Switch
Center Rear This light switch has three positions which function as described below: (1) The light comes on and stays on regardless of whether the door is open or closed. (2) The light comes on ...
The following information has been compiled according to Code of Federal Regulations вЂњTitle 49, Part 575вЂќ. ...