Jeep Liberty: Jump-Starting Procedure
Failure to follow this procedure could result in personal injury or property damage due to battery explosion.
Failure to follow these procedures could result in damage to the charging system of the booster vehicle or the discharged vehicle.
1. Connect the positive (+) end of the jumper cable to the positive (+) post of the discharged vehicle.
2. Connect the opposite end of the positive (+) jumper cable to the positive (+) post of the booster battery.
3. Connect the negative end (-) of the jumper cable to the negative (-) post of the booster battery.
4. Connect the opposite end of the negative (-) jumper cable to a good engine ground (exposed metal part of the discharged vehicleвЂ™s engine) away from the battery and the fuel injection system.
Do not connect the cable to the negative post (-) of the discharged battery. The resulting electrical spark could cause the battery to explode and could result in personal injury.
5. Start the engine in the vehicle that has the booster battery, let the engine idle a few minutes, and then start the engine in the vehicle with the discharged battery.
Once the engine is started, remove the jumper cables in the reverse sequence:
6. Disconnect the negative (-) jumper cable from the engine ground of the vehicle with the discharged battery.
7. Disconnect the negative end (-) of the jumper cable from the negative (-) post of the booster battery.
8. Disconnect the opposite end of the positive (+) jumper cable from the positive (+) post of the booster battery.
9. Disconnect the positive (+) end of the jumper cable from the positive (+) post of the discharged vehicle.
If frequent jump-starting is required to start your vehicle you should have the battery and charging system inspected at your authorized dealer.
Accessories that can be plugged into the vehicle power outlets draw power from the vehicleвЂ™s battery, even when not in use (i.e., cellular phones, etc.).
Eventually, if plugged in long enough, the vehicleвЂ™s battery will discharge sufficiently to degrade battery life and/or prevent the engine from starting.
Rolling code programming
Note: Programming the rolling code garage door opener involves time-sensitive actions. Read the entire procedure prior to beginning so you will know which actions are time-sensitive. If you do not f ...
Ride Comfort And Vehicle Stability
Proper tire inflation contributes to a comfortable ride. Over-inflation produces a jarring and uncomfortable ride. Both under-inflation and over-inflation affect the stability of the vehicle and ...
Inside Day/Night Mirror A two-point pivot system allows for horizontal and vertical adjustment of the mirror. The mirror should be adjusted to center on the view through the rear window. Headli ...