GMC Terrain: Lap-Shoulder Belt
All seating positions in the vehicle have a lap-shoulder belt.
The following instructions explain how to wear a lap-shoulder belt properly.
1. Adjust the seat, if the seat is adjustable, so you can sit up straight. To see how, see вЂњSeatsвЂќ in the Index.
2. Pick up the latch plate and pull the belt across you. Do not let it get twisted.
The lap-shoulder belt may lock if you pull the belt across you very quickly. If this happens, let the belt go back slightly to unlock it. Then pull the belt across you more slowly.
If the shoulder portion of a passenger belt is pulled out all the way, the child restraint locking feature may be engaged. If this happens, let the belt go back all the way and start again.
3. Push the latch plate into the buckle until it clicks. Pull up on the latch plate to make sure it is secure. If the belt is not long enough, see Safety Belt Extender on page 3‑19. Position the release button on the buckle so that the safety belt could be quickly unbuckled if necessary.
4. If equipped with a shoulder belt height adjuster, move it to the height that is right for you. See вЂњShoulder Belt Height AdjusterвЂќ later in this section for instructions on use and important safety information.
5. To make the lap part tight, pull up on the shoulder belt.
To unlatch the belt, push the button on the buckle.
Before a door is closed, be sure the safety belt is out of the way. If a door is slammed against a safety belt, damage can occur to both the safety belt and the vehicle.
Problems with the seat heating
The seat heating has switched off prematurely or cannot be switched on. The vehicle's electrical system voltage is too low because too many electrical consumers are switched on. X Switch off ...
Before a long distance trip
It is always worthwhile to have your vehicle checked by a trained and qualified Volvo service technician before driving long distances. Your retailer will also be able to supply you with bulbs, ...
Steering wheel keypad
Standard steering wheel keypad 1 Left/right arrow keys: A short press moves between preset radio stations or tracks on a disc. Press and hold to search within tracks or to tune to the next/pr ...