Ford Escape: Manual heating and air conditioning system (if equipped)
1. Fan speed adjustment: Turn to select fan speed.
2. Rear defroster: Press to activate/deactivate the rear window defroster. Refer to Rear window defroster later in this chapter for more information.
3. Defrost: Distributes outside air through the windshield defroster vents and demister vents. Can be used to clear the windshield of fog and thin ice. The system will automatically provide outside air to reduce window fogging. Press this button again to return to the previous air flow selection.
4. Distributes air through the windshield defroster vents, demister vents, floor vents and rear seat floor vents. The system will automatically provide outside air to reduce window fogging.
5. Power: Press to activate/deactivate the climate control system.
When the system is off, outside air is prevented from entering the vehicle through the vents.
6. Distributes air through the instrument panel vents.
7. Distributes air through the instrument panel vents, demister vents, floor vents and rear seat floor vents (if equipped).
8. Distributes air through the demister vents, floor vents and rear seat floor vents (if equipped).
9. Temperature control: Controls the temperature of the airflow in the vehicle.
10. Passenger heated seat control (if equipped): Press to activate/deactivate the passenger heated seat. See Heated seats in the Seating and Safety Restraints chapter.
11. Recirculated air: Press to activate/deactivate air recirculation in the vehicle. Recirculated air may reduce the amount of time needed to cool down the interior of the vehicle and may also help reduce undesired odors from reaching the interior of the vehicle. Recirculated air engages automatically when MAX A/C is selected or can be engaged manually in any airflow mode except (defrost). Recirculated air may turn off automatically in all airflow modes except MAX A/C. When the ignition switch is turned off and back on, the climate system will return to the recirculated air mode only if the A/C button LED is illuminated and the air distribution selection is either (panel) or (panel/floor).
Recirculation may turn off automatically in some airflow modes to reduce fog potential.
12. MAX A/C: Distributes recirculated air through the instrument panel vents to cool the vehicle. This re-cooling of the interior air is more economical and efficient. Recirculated air may also help reduce undesirable odors from entering the vehicle. Press the MAX A/C button again for normal A/C operation.
13. A/C: Press to activate/deactivate air conditioning. Use with recirculated air to improve cooling performance and efficiency. Engages automatically in MAX A/C, (defrost) and (floor/defrost).
14. Driver heated seat control (if equipped): Press to activate/deactivate the driver heated seat. See Heated seats in the Seating and Safety Restraints chapter.
Outside temperature (if equipped): The outside temperature will appear in the display and is labeled EXT TEMP. To change the display between Fahrenheit and Celsius, see Message center in the Instrument Cluster chapter.
вЂў To reduce fog build-up on the windshield during humid weather,
select (defrost) or
вЂў To reduce humidity build-up inside the vehicle, do not drive with the system off or with (recirculated air) engaged and A/C off.
вЂў Do not put objects under the front seats that will interfere with the airflow to the back seats.
вЂў Remove any snow, ice or leaves from the air intake area at the base of the windshield.
вЂў To improve the time to reach comfort in hot weather, drive with the windows slightly open for 2-3 minutes after start up or until the vehicle has been вЂњaired out.вЂќ
вЂў A small amount of air may be felt from the floor vent regardless of the air distribution setting that is selected.
During extreme high ambient temperatures when idling stationary for extended periods of time in gear, it is recommended to run the A/C in the MAX A/C position, reduce blower fan speed from the highest setting and put the vehicleвЂ™s transmission into the P (Park) gear position (automatic transmission only) to continue to receive cool air from your A/C system.
For maximum cooling performance in MAX A/C mode:
1. Select MAX A/C.
2. Select the coolest temperature setting.
3. Set the fan to the highest speed initially. As the interior starts to cool down, adjust the fan speed to maintain comfort.
To aid in side window defogging/demisting in cold weather:
1. Select .
2. Select A/C.
3. Adjust the temperature control to maintain comfort.
4. Set the fan speed to the highest setting.
5. Direct the outer instrument panel vents towards the side windows.
To increase airflow to the outer instrument panel vents, close the vents located in the middle of the instrument panel.
Recalibrating TPMS (Canadian models only)
In certain cases, it may be necessary to recalibrate TPMS to conform to Volvo's recommended tire inflation pressures (see the inflation pressure table on page 291), for example, if higher infl ...
Points of interest (POI)
After selecting Points of interest from the menu, touch Name to input the POI name, for example, Petrol to display fuel stations on the map, or touch List for a list of POIs. Alternatively, choose ...
Reinserting the key blade in the remote key
1. Hold the remote key with the slot for the key blade up. 2. Carefully slide the key blade into its groove. 3. Gently press the key blade in the groove until it clicks into place. ...