Jeep Liberty: Preparations For Jacking
1. Park the vehicle on a firm level surface as far from the edge of the roadway as possible. Avoid icy or slippery areas.
Do not attempt to change a tire on the side of the vehicle close to moving traffic, pull far enough off the road to avoid being hit when operating the jack or changing the wheel.
2. Turn on the Hazard Warning flasher.
3. Set the parking brake.
4. Place the shift lever into PARK (automatic transmission) or REVERSE (manual transmission).
5. Turn the ignition to the LOCK position.
6. Block both the front and rear of the wheel diagonally opposite of the jacking position. For example, if changing the right front tire, block the left rear wheel.
NOTE: Passengers should not remain in the vehicle when the vehicle is being jacked.
Side ventilators 1) Open 2) Close 3) Thumb-wheel Move the tab to adjust the flow direction. To open or close the ventilator, turn the thumb-wheel up or down. ...
Apply silicone grease on weatherstrips to make them last longer, seal better, and not stick or squeak. See Recommended Fluids and Lubricants on page 11‑12. ...
Important safety notes
WARNING To help avoid personal injury during a collision or sudden maneuver, exercise care when storing objects in the vehicle. Put luggage or cargo in the cargo compartment if possible. Do not p ...