Ford Escape: Preparing your vehicle
When the battery is disconnected or a new battery is installed, the automatic transmission must relearn its shift strategy. As a result, the transmission may have firm and/or soft shifts. This operation is considered normal and will not affect function or durability of the transmission. Over time, the adaptive learning process will fully update transmission operation.
1. Use only a 12вЂ“volt supply to start your vehicle.
2. Do not disconnect the battery of the disabled vehicle as this could damage the vehicleвЂ™s electrical system.
3. Park the booster vehicle close to the hood of the disabled vehicle making sure the two vehicles do not touch. Set the parking brake on both vehicles and stay clear of the engine cooling fan and other moving parts.
4. Check all battery terminals and remove any excessive corrosion before you attach the battery cables. Ensure that vent caps are tight and level.
5. Turn the heater fan on in both vehicles to protect from any electrical surges. Turn all other accessories off.
Diesel vehicles in Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Morocco, India, Pakistan and Tunisia must only use premium diesel fuel. ...
To Play the AM/FMRadio
The ignition switch must be in the ACCESSORY (I) or ON (II) position. Turn the system on by pushing the power/volume knob or the AM or FM button. Adjust the volume by turning the power/volume ...
Before driving your vehicle
Before entering the vehicle, remove any snow or ice from your shoes because that could make the pedals slippery and dangerous. While warming up the vehicle before driving, check that the acce ...