GMC Terrain: Pulling a Trailer
Here are some important points:
○ There are many laws, including speed limit restrictions that apply to trailering. Check for legal requirements with state or provincial police.
○ Do not tow a trailer at all during the first 1 600 km (1,000 miles) the new vehicle is driven. The engine, axle or other parts could be damaged.
○ During the first 800 km (500 miles) that a trailer is towed, do not drive over 80 km/h (50 mph) and do not make starts at full throttle. This reduces wear on the vehicle.
○ The vehicle can tow in D (Drive). Use a lower gear if the transmission shifts too often.
○ Do not use the Fuel Saver Mode when towing.
○ Obey speed limit restrictions. Do not drive faster than the maximum posted speed for trailers, or no more than 90 km/h (55 mph), to reduce wear on the vehicle.
○ For vehicles with the Ultra Rear Parking Assist (URPA) system, turn the system off when towing a trailer. If the tow bar is installed while not towing a trailer, change the URPA system to the вЂњTow BarвЂќ setting. See Ultrasonic Parking Assist on page 9‑43 for more information.
1. Park with the driverвЂ™s side closest to the service station pump. 2. Open the fuel fill door by pulling on the handle located under the lower left corner of the dashboard. 3. Remove th ...
Stowage well under the cargo compartment floor
WARNING If items are stored in the compartment, make sure compartment is securely closed. In an accident, during hard braking or sudden maneuvers, they could be thrown around inside the vehi ...