GMC Terrain: Remote Vehicle Start
The vehicle may have this feature that allows you to start the engine from outside the vehicle.
(Remote Vehicle Start): This button will be on the RKE transmitter if the vehicle has remote start.
Vehicles with an automatic climate control system will default to a heating or cooling mode depending on the outside temperature during a remote start. Once the key is turned to ON/RUN, the system will turn on at the setting the vehicle was last set to. If the vehicle has heated seats, they may come on during a remote start. See Heated Front Seats on page 3.9 for more information.
Laws in some local communities may restrict the use of remote starters. For example, some laws require a person using remote start to have the vehicle in view. Check local regulations for any requirements.
There are other conditions which can affect the performance of the transmitter. See Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) System on page 2.3 for additional information.
- Starting the Engine Using Remote Start
- Extending Engine Run Time
- Shutting the Engine Off After a Remote Start
- Conditions in Which Remote Start Will Not Work
- Remote Start Ready
How to jump start
1. Make sure the booster battery is 12 volts and the negative terminal is grounded. 2. If the booster battery is in another vehicle, do not let the two vehicles touch. 3. Turn off all unnecess ...
How to Reinstall Engine Air Cleaner/Filter
1. Install the air cleaner filter into the air cleaner housing. The outer air cleaner filter seal must be fitted properly in the air cleaner housing. 2. Align the air cleaner housing cover tabs to ...
External headphones can be connected to the 3.5 mm headphone socket on the side of the head restraint (see the illustration on page 245 for the location of this socket). Adjust the volume with ...