Ford Escape: Removing the spare tire or spare tire and tether (if equipped)
1. Insert the lug wrench through the
access hole in the rear bumper.
2. Turn the handle counterclockwise and lower the spare tire until it can be slid rearward and the cable is slack.
3. Slide the retainer through the center of the wheel.
If equipped with a tether, perform the following additional steps:
4. Lift the spare tire on end to access tether attachment (1).
5. Use the lug wrench to remove the lug nut from the spare tire tether.
6. If not replacing the spare or flat
tire to the underbody storage area,
raise winch up into the installed
7. Use the attached fastener strap (2) to tie the tether end to the winch actuator shaft (if equipped).
Advanced Front Air Bag Features
The Advanced Front Air Bag system has multistage driver and front passenger air bags. This system provides output appropriate to the severity and type of collision as determined by the Occupant ...
Vehicle break-in process
No special break-in period is needed. By following a few simple precautions for the first 1,000 km (600 miles) you may add to the performance, economy and life of your vehicle. вЂў Do not race the ...
Explanation of scheduled maintenance items
Engine oil and filter The engine oil and filter should be changed at the intervals specified in the maintenance schedule. If the car is being driven in severe conditions, more frequent oil and fil ...