Your vehicle has halogen headlight bulbs. When replacing a bulb, handle it by its base, and protect the glass from contact with your skin or hard objects. If you touch the glass, clean it with denatured alcohol and a clean cloth.
Halogen headlight bulbs get very hot when lit. Oil, perspiration, or a scratch on the glass can cause the bulb to overheat and shatter.
1. Open the hood.
To change the headlight bulb on the driverвЂ™s side, remove the under-hood fuse box from its stay by pulling it out.
2. Remove the electrical connector from the bulb by pulling the connector straight back.
3. Remove the rubber weather seal by pulling on the tab.
4. Unclip the end of the hold-down wire from its slot. Pivot it out of the way, and remove the bulb.
5. Install the new bulb into the hole, making sure the tabs are in their slots. Pivot the hold-down wire back in place, and clip the end into the slot.
6. Install the rubber seal over the back of the headlight assembly.
Make sure one of the three arrows on the rubber seal is facing up; it is marked вЂвЂ->вЂ™вЂ™.
7. Push the electrical connector onto the new bulb. Make sure it is connected securely. Turn on the headlights to test the new bulb.
8. (DriverвЂ™s side)
Reinstall the under-hood fuse box.