Ford Escape: Replacing headlamp bulbs
1. Make sure the headlamp control is in the off position.
2. Open the hood.
3. Reach over the front bolster.
4. Remove the bulb by turning it counterclockwise and then pulling it straight out.
5. Disconnect the electrical connector from the bulb.
WARNING: Handle a halogen headlamp bulb carefully and keep out of childrenвЂ™s reach. Grasp the bulb only by its plastic base and do not touch the glass. The oil from your hand could cause the bulb to break the next time the headlamps are operated.
6. Connect the electrical connector on the new bulb.
7. Insert the glass end of the new bulb into the headlamp assembly.
When the grooves in the plastic base are aligned, turn the new bulb clockwise to install.
- Replacing front parking lamp/turn signal bulbs
- Replacing front sidemarker bulbs
- Replacing tail/stop/turn/backup lamp bulbs
- Replacing high-mount brake lamp bulbs
- Replacing license plate lamp bulbs
- Replacing fog lamp bulbs (if equipped)
When checking or servicing in the engine compartment (non-turbo models)
- Do not contact the belt cover while checking the components in the engine compartment. Doing so may cause your hand to slip off the belt cover and result in an unexpected injury. - D ...
Shifting Out Of NEUTRAL (N)
Use the following procedure to prepare your vehicle for normal usage. 1. Bring the vehicle to a complete stop, leaving it connected to the tow vehicle. 2. Firmly apply the parking brake. 3. Tur ...
Required Maintenance Intervals
Refer to the Maintenance Schedules on the following pages for the required maintenance intervals. WARNING! вЂў You can be badly injured working on or around a motor vehicl ...