Ford Escape: Securicodeв„ў keyless entry system (if equipped)
You can use the keyless entry keypad to:
вЂў lock or unlock the doors without using a key,
вЂў activate or deactivate the Autolock and Autounlock feature if equipped
вЂў release the liftgate glass,
The keypad can be operated with the factory set 5вЂ“digit entry code; this code is located on the ownerвЂ™s wallet card in the glove box and is available from your authorized dealer. You can also create your own 5вЂ“digit personal entry code.
When pressing the controls on the keyless entry keypad, press the middle of the controls to ensure a good activation.
Programming your own personal entry code
To create your own personal entry code:
1. Enter the factory set code.
2. Within five seconds press the 1 вЂў 2 on the keypad. The doors will lock and then unlock to confirm that the system is in programming mode.
3. Enter your personal 5вЂ“digit code.
Each number must be entered
within five seconds of each other.
4. Press 1 вЂў 2 on the keypad to assign the Driver 1 setting. The doors will lock and then unlock to confirm that your personal entry code has been programmed.
You can store up to three personal entry codes. The above procedure shows how to set the Driver 1 setting. To assign the additional settings, repeat Steps 1 through 3, then for Step 4, do one of the following:
вЂў Press 3 вЂў 4 to assign the Driver 2 setting.
вЂў Press 5 вЂў 6, 7 вЂў 8, or 9 вЂў 0 to assign the Driver 3 setting.
вЂў Do not use five numbers in sequential order.
вЂў The factory set code will work even if you have set your own personal code.
Erasing personal code
1. Enter the factory set 5вЂ“digit code.
2. Within five seconds, press the 1 вЂў 2 on the keypad and release.
3. Press and hold the 1 вЂў 2 for two seconds. This must be done within five seconds of completing Step 2.
Your personal code is now erased and only the factory set 5вЂ“digit code will work.
If the wrong code has been entered seven times (35 consecutive button presses), the keypad will go into an anti-scan mode. This mode disables the keypad for one minute and the keypad lamp will flash.
The anti-scan feature will turn off after:
вЂў one minute of keypad inactivity,
вЂў pressing the control on the remote entry transmitter,
вЂў or the ignition position changes.
Unlocking and locking the doors and liftgate using keyless entry
To unlock the driverвЂ™s door, enter the factory set 5-digit code or your personal code. Each number must be pressed within five seconds of each other. The interior lamps will illuminate.
To unlock all doors and liftgate, press the 3 вЂў 4 control within five seconds of entering the factory set 5-digit code or your personal code.
To lock all doors and liftgate, press the 7 вЂў 8 and the 9 вЂў 0 at the same time. Note: The driverвЂ™s door must be closed. You do not need to enter the keypad code first.
To open the liftgate glass, press the 5 вЂў 6 after entering the factory set 5-digit code or your personal code.
To get the best performance out of the NISSAN Voice Recognition system, observe the following: - Keep the interior of the vehicle as quiet as possible. Close the windows to eliminate surroundi ...
XM Satellite Radio Service
XM is a satellite radio service based in the 48 contiguous United States and 10 Canadian provinces. XM Satellite Radio has a wide variety of programming and commercial-free music, coast to coast, ...
- Be certain your vehicle maintains a level position when a loaded or unloaded trailer is hitched. Do not drive the vehicle if it has an abnormal nose-up or nose-down condition; check for impr ...