GMC Terrain: Securing a Child Restraint Designed for the LATCH System
If a LATCH-type child restraint is not attached to anchors, the child restraint will not be able to protect the child correctly. In a crash, the child could be seriously injured or killed. Install a LATCH-type child restraint properly using the anchors, or use the vehicle safety belts to secure the restraint, following the instructions that came with the child restraint and the instructions in this manual.
Do not attach more than one child restraint to a single anchor. Attaching more than one child restraint to a single anchor could cause the anchor or attachment to come loose or even break during a crash. A child or others could be injured. To reduce the risk of serious or fatal injuries during a crash, attach only one child restraint per anchor.
Children can be seriously injured or strangled if a shoulder belt is wrapped around their neck and the safety belt continues to tighten. Buckle any unused safety belts behind the child restraint so children cannot reach them. Pull the shoulder belt all the way out of the retractor to set the lock, if the vehicle has one, after the child restraint has been installed.
Notice: Do not let the LATCH attachments rub against the vehicleвЂ™s safety belts. This may damage these parts. If necessary, move buckled safety belts to avoid rubbing the LATCH attachments.
Do not fold the empty rear seat with a safety belt buckled. This could damage the safety belt or the seat. Unbuckle and return the safety belt to its stowed position, before folding the seat. Make sure to attach the child restraint at the proper anchor location.
This system is designed to make installation of child restraints easier. When using lower anchors, do not use the vehicle's safety belts. Instead use the vehicle's anchors and child restraint attachments to secure the restraints. Some restraints also use another vehicle anchor to secure a top tether.
1. Attach and tighten the lower attachments to the lower anchors. If the child restraint does not have lower attachments or the desired seating position does not have lower anchors, secure the child restraint with the top tether and the safety belts. Refer to the child restraint manufacturer instructions and the instructions in this manual.
1.1. Find the lower anchors for the desired seating position.
1.2. Put the child restraint on the seat.
1.3. Attach and tighten the lower attachments on the child restraint to the lower anchors.
2. If the child restraint manufacturer recommends that the top tether be attached, attach and tighten the top tether to the top tether anchor, if equipped. Refer to the child restraint instructions and the following steps:
2.1. Find the top tether anchor.
2.2. Route, attach and tighten the top tether according to your child restraint instructions and the following instructions:
○ If the position being used does not have a headrest or head restraint and a single tether is being used, route the tether over the seatback.
○ If the position being used does not have a headrest or head restraint and a dual tether is being used, route the tether over the seatback.
○ If the position being used has a fixed headrest or head restraint and a dual tether is being used, route the tether around the headrest or head restraint.
○ If the position being used has a fixed headrest or head restraint and a single tether is being used, route the tether over the headrest or head restraint.
3. Before placing a child in the child restraint, make sure it is securely held in place. To check, grasp the child restraint at the LATCH path and attempt to move it side&-to&-side and backand&- forth. There should be no more than 2.5 cm (1 in) of movement, for proper installation.
Changing the smart key batttery
When the battery needs renewing, there will be a significant decrease in the effective range and the message SMART KEY BATTERY LOW will be displayed in the message centre. To renew the battery: ...
Vehicles with automatic transmission
Apply the parking brake firmly. Shift the transmission to position P. Using the SmartKey Turn the SmartKey to position 0 in the ignition lock and remove it. The immobilizer is activated ...
Automatic mode and manual mode is available for digital clock adjustment: Select the automatic mode or the manual mode by performing the following operations: 1. Press the PWR switch (A) to tur ...