Jeep Liberty: Shift Lever Override
If a malfunction occurs and the shift lever cannot be moved out of the PARK position, you can use the following procedure to temporarily move the shift lever:
1. Firmly apply the parking brake.
2. Using a screwdriver or similar tool, carefully remove the shift lever override access cover, located on the PRNDL bezel.
3. Turn the ignition to the ON/RUN position without starting the engine (engine Off).
4. Press and maintain firm pressure on the brake pedal.
5. Using a screwdriver, reach into the opening and press and hold the shift override lever down.
Shift Lever Override Access
6. Move the shift lever to the NEUTRAL position.
7. The vehicle may then be started in NEUTRAL.
8. Reinstall the shift lever override access cover.
Belt warning for the driver and front passenger
Regardless of whether the driver and front passenger have fastened their seat belts already, the seat belt warning lamp lights up for 6 seconds after every engine start. It then goes out if the d ...
Driving assist systems
To help enhance driving safety and performance, the following systems operate automatically in response to various driving situations. Be aware, however, that these systems are supplementary and sh ...
Precautions to observe when handling a compact disc
Use only compact discs (CDs, CD-Rs and CD-RWs) that have the mark shown in the following. Also, some compact discs cannot be played. - You cannot use a DualDisc in the CD player. If you i ...