Jeep Liberty: Shifting Out Of NEUTRAL (N)
Use the following procedure to prepare your vehicle for normal usage.
1. Bring the vehicle to a complete stop, leaving it connected to the tow vehicle.
2. Firmly apply the parking brake.
3. Turn the ignition switch to the ON/RUN position, but do not start the engine.
4. Press and hold the brake pedal.
5. Shift the transmission into NEUTRAL.
6. Using the point of a ballpoint pen or similar object, press and hold the recessed transfer case NEUTRAL (N) button (located above the selector switch) for one second.
7. After the NEUTRAL (N) indicator light turns off, release the NEUTRAL (N) button.
8. After the NEUTRAL (N) button has been released, the transfer case will shift to the position indicated by the selector switch.
NOTE: When shifting out of transfer case NEUTRAL (N), turning the engine OFF may be required to avoid gear clash.
9. Shift the transmission into PARK.
10. Release the brake pedal.
11. Disconnect vehicle from the tow vehicle.
12. Start the engine.
13. Press and hold the brake pedal.
14. Release the parking brake.
15. Shift the transmission into DRIVE, release the brake pedal, and check that the vehicle operates normally.
вЂў Steps 1 through 5 are requirements that must be met prior to pressing the NEUTRAL (N) button, and must continue to be met until the shift has been completed.
If any of these requirements are not met prior to pressing the NEUTRAL (N) button or are no longer met during the shift, the NEUTRAL (N) indicator light will flash continuously until all requirements are met or until the NEUTRAL (N) button is released.
вЂў The ignition switch must be in the ON/RUN position for a shift to take place and for the position indicator lights to be operable. If the ignition switch is not in the ON/RUN position, the shift will not take place and no position indicator lights will be on or flashing.
вЂў A flashing NEUTRAL (N) position indicator light indicates that shift requirements have not been met.
NOTE - Models with air conditioner system: When the вЂњвЂќ or вЂњвЂќ position is selected, the air conditioner compressor automatically operates regardless of the position of the air condi ...
Unfastening the seatbelt
Unfastening the seatbelt Push the button on the buckle. Before closing the door, make sure that the belts are retracted properly to avoid catching the belt webbing in the door. ...
Tires and wheels
Type A *1: Steel wheels *2: Aluminum wheels Type B ...