GMC Terrain: Steps for Determining Correct Load Limit
1. Locate the statement вЂњThe combined weight of occupants and cargo should never exceed XXX kg or XXX lbsвЂќ on your vehicle's placard.
2. Determine the combined weight of the driver and passengers that will be riding in your vehicle.
3. Subtract the combined weight of the driver and passengers from XXX kg or XXX lbs.
4. The resulting figure equals the available amount of cargo and luggage load capacity. For example, if the вЂњXXXвЂќ amount equals 1400 lbs and there will be five 150 lb passengers in your vehicle, the amount of available cargo and luggage load capacity is 650 lbs (1400 − 750 (5 x 150) = 650 lbs).
5. Determine the combined weight of luggage and cargo being loaded on the vehicle. That weight may not safely exceed the available cargo and luggage load capacity calculated in Step 4.
6. If your vehicle will be towing a trailer, the load from your trailer will be transferred to your vehicle. Consult this manual to determine how this reduces the available cargo and luggage load capacity of your vehicle.
See Trailer Towing on page 9‑60 for important information on towing a trailer, towing safety rules and trailering tips.
A. Vehicle Capacity Weight for Example 1 = 453 kg (1,000 lbs).
B. Subtract Occupant Weight @ 68 kg (150 lbs) × 2 = 136 kg (300 lbs).
C. Available Occupant and Cargo Weight = 317 kg (700 lbs).
A. Vehicle Capacity Weight for Example 2 = 453 kg (1,000 lbs).
B. Subtract Occupant Weight @ 68 kg (150 lbs) × 5 = 340 kg (750 lbs).
C. Available Cargo Weight = 113 kg (250 lbs).
A. Vehicle Capacity Weight for Example 3 = 453 kg (1,000 lbs).
B. Subtract Occupant Weight @ 91 kg (200 lbs) × 5 = 453 kg (1,000 lbs).
C. Available Cargo Weight = 0 kg (0 lbs).
Refer to the vehicle's Tire and Loading Information label for specific information about the vehicle's capacity weight and seating positions. The combined weight of the driver, passengers, and cargo should never exceed the vehicle's capacity weight.
Connecting a device
Connecting a device 1. USB/iPod sockets. 2. 3.5 mm AUX socket. 3. Rear media USB/iPod socket. 4. Rear media AV sockets. Connect the device into the appropriate socket. Note: Use the cable supp ...
(If installed) Hyundai vehicles are equipped with a monolith type three-way catalytic converter to reduce the carbon monoxide, hydrocarbons and nitrogen oxides contained in the exhaust gas. E ...
Checking the coolant level
Only check the coolant level when the vehicle is on a level surface and the engine has cooled down. Turn the SmartKey to position 2 () in the ignition lock. On vehicles with KEYLESS-GO, press ...