Ford Escape: Tire change procedure
WARNING: When one of the front wheels is off the ground, the transmission alone will not prevent the vehicle from moving or slipping off the jack, even if the vehicle is in P (Park) (automatic transmission) or R (Reverse) (manual transmission).
WARNING: To help prevent the vehicle from moving when you change a tire, be sure the parking brake is set, then block (in both directions) the wheel that is diagonally opposite (other side and end of the vehicle) to the tire being changed.
WARNING: If the vehicle slips off the jack, you or someone else could be seriously injured.
WARNING: Do not attempt to change a tire on the side of the vehicle close to moving traffic. Pull far enough off the road to avoid the danger of being hit when operating the jack or changing the wheel.
1. Block the diagonally opposite wheel.
2. Loosen each wheel lug nut one-half turn counterclockwise but do not remove them until the wheel is raised off the ground.
Before placing the jack under the vehicle, NOTE the jack locations:
View shown from rear of front tire.
Position the jack directly below the protruding bolt.
View shown from forward of rear tire. Position the jack directly below the stud on the rear trailing arm.
3. Position the jack according to the guides and turn the jack handle clockwise until the tire is a maximum of 1 inch (25 mm) off the ground.
Be sure to place the jack away from the rear edge of the rocker to avoid damaging the rear tire spoiler (pictured).
Never use the differentials as a jacking point.
WARNING: To lessen the risk of personal injury, do not put any part of your body under the vehicle while changing a tire.
Do not start the engine when your vehicle is on the jack. The jack is only meant for changing the tire.
4. Remove the lug nuts with the lug nut wrench.
5. Replace the flat tire with the spare tire, making sure the valve stem is facing outward. Reinstall lug nuts until the wheel is snug against the hub.
Do not fully tighten the lug nuts until the wheel has been lowered.
6. Lower the wheel by turning the jack handle counterclockwise.
7. Remove the jack and fully tighten the lug nuts in the order shown.
Refer to Wheel lug nut torque specifications later in this chapter for the proper lug nut torque specification.
Warning and Indicator Lights
Front PassengerвЂ™s Seat Belt Reminder Light The front passengerвЂ™s seat belt reminder light is located in the center of the instrument panel. If there is a passenger in the front seat and the ...
Front turn signal light
It may be difficult to replace the bulbs. Have the bulbs replaced by your SUBARU dealer if necessary. ...
Registering (pairing) device
1. Select the вЂњPAIR AUDIOвЂќ (type C audio)/вЂњPair Audio PlayerвЂќ (type D audio) menu. If a device is already registered, вЂњMEMORY FULLвЂќ is displayed and the mode changes to the Bluetoo ...