GMC Terrain: TPMS Malfunction Light and Message
The TPMS will not function properly if one or more of the TPMS sensors are missing or inoperable. When the system detects a malfunction, the low tire pressure warning light flashes for about one minute and then stays on for the remainder of the ignition cycle. A DIC warning message also displays. The low tire pressure warning light and DIC warning message come on at each ignition cycle until the problem is corrected. Some of the conditions that can cause these to come on are:
○ One of the road tires has been replaced with the spare tire. The spare tire does not have a TPMS sensor. The malfunction light and DIC message should go off after the road tire is replaced and the sensor matching process is performed successfully. See "TPMS Sensor Matching Process" later in this section.
○ The TPMS sensor matching process was not done or not completed successfully after rotating the tires. The malfunction light and the DIC message should go off after successfully completing the sensor matching process. See "TPMS Sensor Matching Process" later in this section
○ One or more TPMS sensors are missing or damaged. The DIC message and the TPMS malfunction light should go off when the TPMS sensors are installed and the sensor matching process is performed successfully. See your dealer for service.
○ Replacement tires or wheels do not match the original equipment tires or wheels. Tires and wheels other than those recommended could prevent the TPMS from functioning properly. See Buying New Tires on page 10‑59.
○ Operating electronic devices or being near facilities using radio wave frequencies similar to the TPMS could cause the TPMS sensors to malfunction.
If the TPMS is not functioning properly, it cannot detect or signal a low tire condition. See your dealer for service if the TPMS malfunction light and DIC message comes on and stays on.
Front-wheel&-drive and all-wheel-drive vehicles may be dinghy towed from the front. These vehicles can also be towed by placing them on a platform trailer with all four wheels off of the groun ...
Disc Player Error Messages (EX-L model with navigation system)
If you see an error message in the display while playing a disc, find the cause in the chart to the right. If you cannot clear the error message, take your vehicle to your dealer. The cha ...
Finding a Station
To select the band, see вЂњAudio SourceвЂќ earlier in this section. Turn the MENU/SEL knob to find a radio station. To select a preset station, touch the FAV button and choose a preset station. Se ...