GMC Terrain: When the System Does Not Seem to Work Properly
The following messages may be displayed on the DIC:
SERVICE PARKING ASSIST: If this message occurs, take the vehicle to your dealer to repair the system.
PARK ASSIST OFF: If the URPA system does not activate due to a temporary condition, the message displays on the DIC. This can occur under the following conditions:
○ The driver has disabled the system.
○ The ultrasonic sensors are not clean. Keep the vehicle's rear bumper free of mud, dirt, snow, ice, and slush. For cleaning instructions, see Exterior Care on page 10‑83.
○ The park assist sensors are covered by frost or ice. Frost or ice can form around and behind the sensors and may not always be seen; this can occur after washing the vehicle in cold weather. The message may not clear until the frost or ice has melted.
○ A trailer was attached to the vehicle, or an object was hanging out of the liftgate during the last drive cycle. Once the object is removed, URPA will return to normal operation. . A tow bar is attached to the vehicle.
○ The bumper is damaged. Take the vehicle to your dealer to repair the system.
○ Other conditions, such as vibrations from a jackhammer or the compression of air brakes on a very large truck, are affecting system performance.
The headlamp aiming system has been preset at the factory. If the vehicle is damaged in an accident, the aim of the headlamps may be affected and adjustment may be necessary. It is recommended tha ...
Disarming the system
Briefly press the вЂњвЂќ button (for less than 2 seconds) on the remote transmitter. The driverвЂ™s door will unlock, an electronic chirp will sound twice, the turn signal lights will flash ...
Immobilizer (start inhibitor)
Each of the keys supplied with your vehicle contains a coded transponder. The code in the key is transmitted to an antenna in the ignition slot where it is compared to the code stored in the s ...